Pressure Seal Storage and Handling
Pressure Seal Form Storage and Handling
To ensure optimum performance, Relyco ULTRASEAL Pressure Seal Forms should be stored and handled according to these guidelines.
- Cartons of pressure seal forms should be stored off the floor on pallets or shelves; ensure cartons are stacked upright and never stack more than five cartons on top of each other. The downward pressure can damage the pressure seal forms in the bottom cartons.
- If cartons are stored on pallets, ensure that they are stacked so that the weight is distributed evenly. If cartons are stored on shelves, ensure that they are not pressed against one another or against an exterior wall.
- Relyco pressure seal forms should be stored where environmental conditions can be controlled. Extremely cold and/or hot temperatures can adversely affect shelf life and performance. Storage temperature should be between 65° F and 77° F and the relative humidity should be between 30 and 60 percent. A rapid increase or decrease in humidity or temperature can cause problems. Pressure seal forms act like a sponge and absorb or shed moisture in the air. This can affect their performance in laser printers, causing curling that can lead to paper jams. Excessive curl can also affect the smooth operation of your pressure seal machine.
- Because of the shorter shelf life of pressure seal forms, cartons should be rotated so that the oldest pressure seal forms are always used first.
- Allow cartons to acclimate for approximately two days in advance of printing by placing them in the room with the printer.
- If you do not use all the pressure seal forms you planned to use, store them in a poly bag so they can be better protected from atmospheric changes. Contact Relyco for information about Enviro-Guard Pressure Seal Storage Bags to protect your forms.
- 'Fanning" pressure seal forms on all sides and “jogging” them prior to placing them in the feed tray in your laser printer is usually recommended by laser printer manufacturers.
- While not mandatory, it is recommended that you acclimate pressure seal forms for one hour or so, placed curl side down, before you process through the pressure seal machine. This results in optimal feeding and an extra strong glue bond.
To Learn More
To learn more about the storage and handling of Relyco’s pressure seal forms, call 1-800-777-7359 or email