Did you know that the U.S. government has strict printing and binding quality standards for all contractors providing printed materials? It’s true—all printing and binding contracted by the U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) must adhere to certain quality guidelines set forth in the The U.S. Government Printing Office Quality Assurance Through Attributes Program (QATAP).
Whether or not you work for a government agency, abiding by governmental quality standards is a smart way to be sure you’re always offering your clients or team the best possible printing products for the job.
Relyco is a GPO Level III Printing and Binding Provider
Relyco has earned the quality level III rating for specialty printing from the GPO. The Relyco digital and laser printing products that received the GPO level III rating include: DigiPOP customized 3D digital packaging, REIMAGE carbonless forms, REVLAR waterproof paper, ULTRASEAL self-mailer pressure seal forms, laser checks, and ENDURA LABEL pressure sensitive labels.
What Does a Level III GPO Rating Mean?
The purpose of the GPO evaluation is to determine a contractor’s ability to consistently produce orders at the required quality level without undue assistance on the part of the government. QATAP is based on the use of quality attributes, which are measurable properties including tolerances of a printed piece which define its compliance with requirements.
Quality attributes vary with each quality level. To receive a level III, providers must meet the following standards:
- Descriptive Terms—Good quality, above average quality.
- Fidelity of Reproduction—Illustrations must transmit precise information even though fidelity to minutest detail is not required.
- Quality of Materials and Workmanship—Typically involves above average quality materials, reproducibles, production methods, and workmanship.
- Typical Physical Description—Generally requires clean, sharp printing of single or multi-color work (general process color work) and halftone reproductions up to 150-line screen. Finishing must be held to above average standards of accuracy, durability, and appearance.
- Examples of Tolerances—One row of dots for multicolor halftone registration (see attribute P–4); two broken characters per page for type quality (see P–7); and one-eighth of an inch for trim size (see F–1). See note regarding tolerance examples in Level I.
- Examples—Annual reports, general process color work, court decisions, budget reports, catalogs, textbooks.
“Achieving this rating from GPO is very important for Relyco as we continue to grow our business with the Federal Government,” said Bruce Steinberg, vice president of sales at Relyco. “Our GPO rating is great validation of our products’ quality and now gives us greater exposure that will enable us to be a part of more agency and department bids for digital and laser printing jobs.”
Relyco has hundreds of federal government customers including:
- Department of Justice
- U.S. Navy
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Air Force
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Department of Defense
- Department of Homeland Security
- Internal Revenue Service
- Department of Interior
- Drug Enforcement Agency
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
Relyco offers its complete line of quality business printing and payment solutions under GSA contract GS-02F-0158N. To see more of the products Relyco offers to the federal government, reach out to us.
*SOURCE: GPO Contract Terms