In this final installment of our blog series on business e-filing, we dive into specific benefits and explain the security features of our e-file system. We’re talking data encryption, SOC-II certification and HIPAA compliance!
In this three-part blog series about e-filing year-end tax forms, we’ve previously covered the main advantages of the service and walked you through account set-up. In this post, we’ll wrap up the series by diving into specific benefits and security features of our e-file system.
- Streamline billing by “batching” forms into a separate order for each recipient*
- You can set up multiple payers**
- If there is an error when uploading your file, the system will alert you
- Payers & recipients are stored for use next year
- You have full access to recipient forms for four years
- You can access all reports 24/7
- TIN verification is included
- Reprinting of forms is possible – this is helpful if an employee misplaces their W-2 and needs a copy, for example
- You will receive an instant IRS notification of receipt when you submit
- We e-deliver or print & mail to your recipients from our secure print facility
- Online and phone support is available
*Recipients – the employees who receive the forms
**Multiple payers – entities within a company that need to file individually
Worried about security?
Authorized IRS e-file provider
We are 100% compliant with IRS regulations
We use a 256-bit encryption (the same as bank-level security) and each file is encrypted throughout the process
Our facility has achieved SOC-II Certification from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Our facility complies with the latest HIPAA Security regulations
Final benefit recap & key takeaways about e-filing year-end forms
- Removes the need to purchase paper forms
- Reduces the manual labor that goes into printing year-end forms in-house, which frees up time for other projects
- Removes the need to upgrade your system if certain forms change
Take a look at a more comprehensive list of advantages here. If you’re interested in trying out e-file for your year-end forms, there is still time! Try it here. If you have any questions or other tax questions, please feel free to reach out to our tax expert, Michelle Blouin, here or by clicking the button below.
To demystify the e-filing process, we created this quick video and blog post. You’ll see how easy it is to set up an account, submit a file and checkout. With our e-filing option, you save time, money and tons of frustration.
We know implementing a new way of handling your year-end tax forms might be overwhelming at first, but it also offers new solutions to old problems, which is incredibly freeing! With our e-filing option, you save time, money and tons of frustration. Honestly, what could be better during tax time?
How to file online
To demystify the process, we created the video above with our tax expert, Michelle Blouin. She cheerfully walks you through using our e-file site by showing you how easy it is to set up an account, submit a file and check out. And don’t forget: you can always create an account and look around in there for free and with no obligation. So explore away!
In addition to the video, we’ve created this user guide and written out the steps for you in more depth here:
Creating an account
- Go to relyco.efile1.com to create your account – the forms & fees tab explains pricing on the right side
- Click on sign-up in the upper right corner and enter your email address – you will be sent a link to create a password
- Once you create your password, hit confirm and this will bring you to your dashboard
Uploading a file
- From your dashboard, use the easy import tool to upload your data file – if there are any errors or missing fields, the system will flag it
- Once the data is uploaded successfully, you’ll be able to click to view your grand totals and summary reports
- On the Forms In Progress page, you can sort forms by selecting different types of forms and different payers
- After sorting the forms, you can select the forms you are ready to file and choose your filing option in the lower right corner before adding to cart. We offer three services for filing:
- e-file, print & mail
- e-file only
- print & mail only
- From your cart page, take note of the instructions in the yellow box at the top – if all of that is in order, click “proceed to checkout”
- Fill out your company and contact information on the screen that pops up
- You’ll be asked to give your payment details
- A final screen will show you the affidavit – check the box that says you agree and are giving us permission to file with the IRS
- After you hit submit, you can sit back, relax and we will take it from there!
Remember, if screenshots are easier for you to follow, make sure to take a look at our e-file user guide. If you would like to request a demo or have any questions about online tax filing, please feel reach out to Michelle Blouin, here or by clicking the button below.
What does online tax filing for businesses actually do? Essentially, e-filing removes the bulk of the manual process that is involved in printing and mailing your business’s year-end forms. But there are even more reasons to consider filing online…explore them in this blog!
Let’s start with the basics. What does online tax filing for businesses actually do? Essentially, filing online removes the bulk of the manual process that is involved in printing and mailing your year-end forms. It is a similar concept to processing invoices, payments or orders electronically. With digitization, you can free up staff resources AND enjoy faster processing, improved communications, better recordkeeping and greater accuracy. It’s a win-win!
What are the top advantages of online tax filing?
- You pay only for what you use
No need to buy paper forms and no more estimating the amount you will need
- Save time & avoid frustration
You don’t have to print forms
- Our e-file site is always up-to-date
This eliminates the need to reformat your software if the IRS changes forms
- Trips to the post office can become a distant memory
You don’t have to mail forms anymore
- No more worries about sensitive information
The system has secure storage
- You have access to the system 24/7
Review data and pull reports at any time
- Peace of mind
We check for errors and will notify you if any are received
- Help is easy
Online and phone support is available if you get stuck
Make your (work) life easier
We don’t want to be too much of a Debbie Downer, but we all know it’s true: tax time can be a tough time. The amount of staff time and labor involved in processing year-end forms can be cumbersome and stressful. But filing year-end forms is a requirement, so it’s going to have to happen regardless. Why not make it easier on yourself and your business? Online tax filing is worth checking out.
Stay tuned for our next blog post (in a couple of weeks) where we’ll walk you through the steps to try it out! You can create an account and poke around in the portal to see what it’s like for free and with no obligation.
If you have any questions about online tax filing or other tax questions, please feel free to reach out to our tax expert, Michelle Blouin, here or by clicking the button below.